Promotion of Handicrafts & Cottage Industries in Orissa
As per the resolution of Government in Handicrafts & Cottage Industries Department in thus notification No.3427, dt. 11.8.1994, clarified as follows. Handicrafts & Cottage Industries means:
i) All Handicrafts activities approved by the Director, Handicrafts & Cottage Industries as Handicrafts Industries.
ii) All units approved by Director, Handicrafts & Cottage Industries as Coir activities.
iii) a) All units assisted by Orissa Khadi & Village Industries Board and K.V.I.C.
b) All activities which fall under the lists of Orissa Khadi & Village Industries Board but not financed by Orissa Khadi & Village Industries Board will be treated as Cottage Industries provided the total investment in Plant & Machinery would be up to maximum limit Rs.25,000/- and per capita investment in plant and machinery will not exceed Rs.5,000/-. Also the units will not have three phase power connection.
Considering the potentiality of Handicrafts & Cottage Industries in generation of employment opportunity resulting in poverty alleviation and empowerment of women/weaker section in rural areas thrust is given under different schemes implemented by various agencies for promotion of this sector. The District Industries Centre at district level and Industries Promotion Officers at Block level play an important role in identifying artisans/entrepreneurs, selection of suitable schemes along with preparation of project reports and guide-them for availing the assistance. Besides, District Industries Centres/Industries Promotion Officers do have close liaison with different agencies to render necessary assistance/support service.
With the assistance of various agencies of State Govt., Central Govt., & other agencies Handicrafts & Cottage Industries promoted in the State during the last 3 years are given in Table 5.1.
Table - 5.1
(Investment -Rs. in Lakhs)
Registration of Handicrafts & Cottage Industries
Handicrafts & Cottage Industries have needed recognition of their existence for securing finance, IPR, incentives, marketing support etc. As a sequel, Govt. in Industries Department have authorised the District Cottage Industries Officers for DICs for registering Handicrafts & Cottage Industries in their area of operation.
The Procedure for registration is as follows:
1. Handicrafts & Cottage Industries which have gone into production may apply in approved application form in triplicate to the District Cottage Industries Officers of concerned district in the prescribed format approved by the Director of Handicrafts & Cottage Industries. The application forms will be available in DICs free of cost.
2. On receipt of the application, the District Cottage Industries Officer will make field visit and examine the eligibility of the units for registration, in accordance with the provisions of G.O.No.3427 dt.11.8.1994 of Handicrafts & Cottage Industries Department in serial No. (i), (ii) & (iii) which reads as follows:
(i) a) All Handicrafts activities approved by the Director of Handicrafts & Cottage Industries may be registered as Handicrafts Industries.
b) All units approved by Director of Handicrafts & Cottage Industries as Coir activity may be registered as Coir Industries.
(ii) All units assisted by Orissa Khadi & Village Industries Board/Khadi & Village Industries Commission may be registered as Cottage Industries.
(iii) All activities which fall under the list of Orissa Khadi & Village Industries Board but not financed by Orissa Khadi & Village Industries Board will be treated as Cottage Industries provided:
a) The total investment in plant and machinery would be upto the maximum limit of Rs.25,000/-.
b) The investment on plant & machinery per worker will not exceed Rs.5,000/‑.
After due verification, the registration certificate will be issued by the concerned DCIO in favour of the units. The copies of the registration certificates will be sent to the concerned IPO and to the Directorate of Handicrafts & Cottage Industries for record.
APPLICATION FORM FOR REGISTRATION AS HANDICRAFTS & COTTAGE INDUSTRIES
1. Name of the unit :
(in Block letters)
2. Address :
3. Name of the proprietor/
Managing Partner/Secretary :
4. Type of Organisation
Co-op. society/Partnership/Individual :
5. Category of unit
Handicrafts/Coir/Salt/Cottage Industries :
6. Nature of activity :
(Whether mfg./servicing/repairing/processing etc.)
7. Whether traditional/trained artisan :
8. Name of the product/craft :
9. Date of starting production :
10. Whether registered under :
O.C.S. Act/Societies Act/
Factories Act/Sales Tax Act/
Excise Act etc., If so, the
registration No. & Date
11. Production Capacity
Items of Production Annual Capacity
Quantity Value (in Rs.)
12. Employment provided :
Category S.C. S.T. Others Total Women
13. a) Capital Investment (Existing).
(Please indicate area in sft.)
ii) Building. (Please indicate plinth
area and type of super structure)
iii) Machinery & Equipments.
(Please indicate the details of machinery)
b) Total fixed capital investment.
c) Working capital.
i) Borrowing if any.
ii) Own sources.
14. Power required :
(Single Phase / 3 Phase)
15. Source of raw materials :
16. Marketing arrangement :
17. Any other information :
I do hereby declare that the particulars furnished above are true to the best of my knowledge and if at any stage the information given above are found false, the registration certificate if granted is liable for cancellation.
SIGNATURE OF THE APPLICANT
1. Photostat true copy of document providing legal ownership or lease of the land on which the unit is established.
2. Photostat true copy of House rent agreement in case of Rented House.
3 Copies of vouchers of all plant & machinery including installation.
4. A certified list of all plant & machinery including installation, electrification, Generator, Transformer, Tools, Jigs, Moulds, Dies, indicating specification and cost of each in possession of the owner of the unit and any other unit under the same ownership, signed by the owner.
5. Copy of Agreement with GRIDCO.
6. Copy of energisation certificate (i.e., date of line charged) and first electric bill.
7. Copy of Statutory licence or permission from appropriate authority (Municipality, NAC, Cinema Hall, Explosive licence)
8. Copy of Sanction letter from Financial Agency.
9. Copy of Article of Association & incorporation certificate from Joint Stock Company or Registered Partnership deed for partnership firm/co-op society/NGOs.
10. Certificate to the effect showing Original Vouchers and documents to the verifying officer at the time of inspection.
11. In case of self-financed unit, non-borrowing affidavit to be produced.
12. Copy of first Raw-Material purchase bill.
13. Copy of first Sale Bill.